top of page
Five Fun Things to Do This Summer!
June 9, 2019
His Story Magazine Courage Rising July 2021
Five Fun Things to Do This Summer!: News
Summer is here! This year we are ready to spread our wings and enjoy the freedom to move, play, and celebrate all the summer months have to offer. Here are some of our favorite ways to celebrate the warm season.
1. Potluck picnic – grab your friends and blankets and bring food! Picnics just add a little something extra to any gathering wouldn’t you agree? Whether it’s in someone’s backyard, by a lake, or at a park, picnics are a fun way to relax and break bread together. To add to the community feel, set up the food in the middle and everyone sits around it. Enjoy your communal eating! And if it’s not ideal picnic weather make it an indoor picnic, and avoid the ants!
2. Paint in the park. Or sketch in the woods. Or draw by the river. You get the idea. Even if you don’t consider yourself an artist, this can be a fun way to relax or bring family and friends together. It doesn’t have to be intensive like setting up a DIY paint night can be – unless you want it to be. Just gather the basic materials you need and get out there! Have fun with it and don’t be afraid to be a little silly!
3. Walking tour of the city – many places have free walking tours that are a great way to get out, whether solo or with others, this is a great way to learn about an area. These tours can be found in apps, on websites, and at visitor/tourist centers. Make it a one-hour, half-day, or full-day trip: pack water, snacks, and a sense of adventure. Explore Somewhere New! Pull out a map, pick somewhere you have never been, and go!
4. Paddleboarding. Combine exercise and scenery while enjoying an expected (or unexpected) cool dip. Most cities provide access to a few lakes or rivers for an easy trial run. Borrow or rent a hard-sided or inflatable paddleboard, grab a friend, and head to the water. As a beginner, start with sitting on the board, progress to standing on your knees, and then….Boom! You are standing and moving about the water with grace and ease!
5. Backyard Bonfire. You don’t always need to go out to have fun. Stay in and enjoy a summer night under the stars and nestled next to the fire. Grab some food, turn on your music and talk the night away with your friends. You can even throw on a hula skirt and make it a luau! Don’t forget the firewood!
Five Fun Things to Do This Summer!: Text
bottom of page